Australian-made Kingspan Air-Cell Permishield® is a revolutionary vapour-permeable barrier and insulation wrapped up in a single product.
Kingspan Air-Cell Permishield® 65
Australian-made Kingspan Air-Cell Permishield® is a revolutionary vapour-permeable barrier and insulation wrapped up in a single product. Kingspan AIR-CELL Permishield® is designed specifically for steel-framed wall applications for use behind lightweight cladding materials that require vapour permeance. Manufactured with a patented closed-cell structure sandwiched by highly reflective foil surfaces and pierced with tiny, evenly-spaced breather holes, Kingspan AIR-CELL Permishield® allows building professionals to do away with the traditional sarking-plus-batts combination in order to achieve thermal compliance as well as satisfy vapour permeance.
The Benefits of Kingspan Air-Cell Permishield®
- Australian made
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- 3-in-1 insulation, thermal break and vapour-permeable sarking
- Helps achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- Quick and easy to install
- Strong, tough, durable
- Water-resistant and unaffected by moisture
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
General Install Instructions
- Fit Kingspan AIR-CELL neatly around doors, windows, and any penetrations, and tape if necessary to prevent air leakage.
- When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping with Kingpan Aluminum Foil Tape.
- Leave minimum 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues or light fittings (refer to light fitting manufacturer).
The instructions in this document are guidelines only and should be interpreted with consideration for the specific building design. The installation of Kingspan AIR-CELL should be in conformance with the applicable clauses from AS 3999 and AS/NZS 4200.2 unless otherwise specified. Kingspan AIR-CELL can be damaged by intense heat above 105° C and contact with sparks and flame from blow torches, welders, cutting tools, etc. must be avoided.
Install Instructions for Timber Framed Walls
- Fix Kingspan AIR-CELL loosely to the outside of frame leaving flexibility for Kingspan AIR-CELL to be dished onto the wall cavity.
- Cut Kingspan AIR-CELL carefully around doors, windows and other openings, so that it neatly abuts to frames.
- Butt join Kingspan AIR-CELL sheets and tape with a 48 mm wide reinforced foil tape.
- Provide for outer air space by adhering the Kingspan AIR-CELL Spacer Biscuit to the outer face of the Kingspan AIR-CELL (approximately three (3) Spacer Biscuits per square metre required).
- Commence installing cladding in accordance with manufacturer’s installation instructions.