Polymer and fire rated metal vents installed in the eaves of a home to improve cross flow ventilation with roof mounted vents
Edmonds has two types of high quality eave vents designed to work in conjunction with roof vents to allow cool, fresh air to be drawn into the roof space. The air drawn in from outside helps to improve the cross flow ventilation and help the roof mounted vents to work more effectively and efficiently.
The Polyeave Vent can be used in most homes with adequate eave space. Manufactured from temperature stable ABS polymers, the small inlet holes prevent most insects from entering the roof space but allow airflow into the roof space to improve cross flow ventilation with roof vents.
The Metal Eave Vent is designed for homes in bushfire areas and meets the requirements of AS 3959-2009. It is suitable for use in bush fire zones up to BAL-40. The Metal Eave vent is an effective and safe vent to use in combination with the Maestro BAL bush fire rated powered vent.
- Installed in the eaves of a home or building to provide fresh, cooler air into the roof space
- The Polyeave Vent is suitable for most homes but not in bushfire areas
- The Metal Eave Vent is compliant with AS3959-2009 for bush fire zones up to BAL-40
- Residential homes and commercial/public buildings
- The Maestro BAL roof mounted powered vent is compliant when used with the Metal eave vent
- Polyeave: Polymer based (plastic) eave vent
- Metal Eave: Aluminium frame and stainless steel mesh
- Both available in white
- Pack availability:
- Polyeave vent: four and 20 packs
- Metal Eave Vent: two packs
- Both vents provide an inflow of cool, fresh air into the roof space
- They help to improve the cross flow ventilation through the roof space in conjunction with roof mounted extraction vents
- The cross flow ventilation removes excess heat from and manages condensation in roof spaces
- Suitable for eaves on most roofs with enough space for installation
- Whirlymate ceiling grille to improve air flow between the living area and roof space.