POINT WORKS GEN II is the first pointing compound to qualify as an Adhesive Mechanical Fastener for hip and ridge tiles in accordance with AS2050-2002 (amended 2005) which requires all ridge and hip tiles to be fastened. POINT WORKS GEN II passed the fatigue loading for both Cyclonic Conditions C3 and C4 after conditioning by prolonged water saturation as per Australian Standard AS 4046.8 – 2006. Once cured, POINT WORKS GEN II forms an incredibly strong and durable bond between the tiles and the ridge. The smooth non-slumping consistency makes it easy to mix and apply.
POINT WORKS GEN II is a tile pointing compound applied with a trowel and used to fasten (point) hip and ridge roof tiles. The smooth non-slumping consistency makes it easy to mix and apply.
- Passes fatigue loading conditions of Cyclonic Conditions (C3 & C4) as per Australian Standard AS 2050-2002
- Tested inaccordance with 4046.8 – 2006
- Ideal for new roofs and repairs
- Flexes with normal roof movement without cracking or breaking away
- Sag resistant
- Smooth formula makes it easy to mix and apply
- Apply with trowel
- Water clean up
- POINT WORKS GEN II should not be used when the surface temperature during application or curing is 10°C or lower
- 2 hours of curing in good weather is sufficient for the product to withstand rain. Longer in cold and damp conditions.
- Curing times can be reduced by the application of POINT WORKS GEN II ACCELERANT SPRAY to the wet material. Useful in cold and damp conditions.
- Curing times can be increased by the application of POINT WORKS GEN II RETARDANT SPRAY to the wet material. Useful to extend reworking time in hot and windy conditions.